The goal of this survey is to gain a better understanding of each Partner’s past and present, with an emphasis on the Partner’s relationship to the Community of Richmond, so the Partnership can enhance the Partner’s future, especially the quality of their life in Richmond. Partners are reminded that the Partnership considers the Community of Richmond to include the City and the seven surrounding counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent and Powhatan. There are more than 1 million Richmonders living in the Community of Richmond.
Because everyone does things differently, Partners are asked to respond to the following questions and requests in the manner and form that suits them, including the amount of information provided. The Partnership will insert certain information into its relational database to build the web of involvement in Richmond represented by the collective Partners. Please send your answers and related comments to Rick Tatnall: firstname.lastname@example.org All information provided will be considered completely confidential.
Your relationship to the Community of Richmond
- Were you born in Richmond? If yes, please define the neighborhoods you have lived in and for how long. If you were not born in Richmond, please describe your personal pathway to Richmond and then define the neighborhoods you have lived in while in Richmond and for how long. If you don’t live in Richmond, please define where you live and what past relationship have you had with Richmond.
- What are your Top 3 Richmond area museums or cultural attractions and why?
- What are your Top 3 Richmond area festivals or public events and why?
- What are your Top 3 favorite aspects of the James River and why?
- What are your Top 3 Richmond area public parks and why?
- Who are your Top 3 Richmonders from Richmond’s past and why?
- Who are your Top 3 Richmonders from Richmond’s present and why?
- Do you know the story of Richmond being named for Richmond upon Thames?
- What is the perception of Richmond by your family and friends who do not live here?
- What are your Top 3 concerns for the Richmond regional community and what are your Top 3 concerns for the specific jurisdiction you live in?
Your family’s relationship to the Community of Richmond
- Please define your extended family’s relationship to Richmond, including who lives in Richmond now and who used to live in Richmond.
Your educational pathway
- Please define your educational pathway from elementary school through today, including any planned continuing education, with special attention to schools in Richmond area.
- If you have children or grandchildren living in Richmond, please describe their educational pathway including schools they will be attending in the future.
Your current occupation and former employers
- Please define your current occupation(s) and employer(s) as well as describe the businesses and organizations you have connected with in your past work in Richmond.
Your personal interests
- Please define the aspects of life in Richmond that make you smile and warm your heart.
- Please define any formal Richmond area clubs or social groups you are involved with and the reasons for your involvement.
Your areas of advocacy
- If you are an advocate for any aspect of the Community of Richmond, please define the organization(s) and/or cause(s) you are supporting, how you are supporting it, and why it is important for you to do so.
- Please define organizations and/or causes you would like to support if your time and resources allowed.
- Please define your current and previous involvement with faith institutions in Richmond.
Your health and physical limitations
- Please define any current obstacles that you or your family members face in your day to day lives in Richmond that are related to your health and/or physical limitations.
- What are some future changes you hope will occur in Richmond related to accessibility and the health and well being of our community?
Your Heroes in the Richmond Region and why
- Who are the people, organizations and businesses you look up to for their compassion and leadership in the Community of Richmond and why?
- Have you ever lived in or near another community named Richmond or with Richmond in the name? Do you have family or friends who live in another Richmond?
- The Stone Dam Partnership believes Richmond has literally been more influential and is more historic than any other community in America. What do you think about this claim? If you disagree, please define the communities ahead of Richmond and define why you believe them to be more influential and historic.
- If you rated yourself on a scale of 1-10 with ten being the best score:
- How well do you really know the history of Richmond, starting in 1607?
- How hard have you tried in the last 5 years to participate in the life of the City of Richmond – culturally, socially and compassionately?